aXes remote server administration
Manage aXes and its components with the Web administration tools from anywhere with just a browser.
All of the administration work occurs at the server so that configuration and administration activities are centralised reducing the cost of deployment and ongoing management.
aXes Server Administration
Centralized management and administration
aXes Server Administration is centrally installed and configured by an administrator for all users and groups of users. Centralized configuration and administration saves time, reduces costs, and increases worker and system efficiency.
aXes Server Administration architecture provides unlimited scalability for any size business.
- Monitor the entire system remotely across the Internet, determining which sessions are open and who is currently accessing what applications.
- Remotely manage users, groups and sessions; create a custom session login script; create a custom session key mapping.
- Restrict users to pre-configured sessions, devices and networks. Increase security by allowing users to log in from predefined IP addresses only.
- Performance counters provide access to statistical logging of traffic volumes and savings. Servers can be monitored with logs produced, enabling the administrator to effectively gauge achieved data transmission reductions over extended periods.
- Monitor and manage large or disruptive non-business data transmission.
- Deliver performance preference to selected applications.
- Manage peak transaction loads.
- Establish different bandwidth constraints for different server instances. Control the amount of bandwidth that particular requests can consume and/or the total bandwidth that a server may consume.
Administration available from anywhere
Any person with a browser, an Internet or Intranet connection and who has authorisation, can operate the administration tools by defining a URL in their browser.
Zero configuration and deployment effort
Configuration tasks occur at the server, there is no need for client side components or configuration. Administrators can work from any device that has a browser.
No version management for client side components
Administration tasks operate from the server and there are no client side components to deploy and manage. Therefore, there is no need for version control and patch management for client software.
Standard HTTP and HTTPS ports
aXes uses standard Internet ports (80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS) and does not require network administrators to open additional ports.
No Telnet sessions
aXes does not use 5250 Telnet emulation. Therefore there is no additional network administration workload.
Monitor activity in real time
Administrators can retrieve live statistics of aXes session usage, set and amend server configurations and work with existing terminal sessions remotely. Administrators can view the sessions and terminate the sessions.
Zero deployment – nothing to download or install
Zero deployment means no installation, no configuration and no need to download ActiveX components to the browser.